WHAT TO DO WITH MY FROZEN DMSO
If your DMSO (Dimethyl Sulfoxide) arrives frozen or appears like crystals or chards of broken glass no need to worry!
DMSO freezes at around 64 deg F and will just need to be thawed out. This will have no effect on any of the properties or qualities its the same thing that happens when water freezes and thaws back into water.
Your DMSO bottle may also seem like it was not filled all the way, DMSO contracts a great deal upon freezing and once thawed it will come back to the correct liquid volume again.
Because DMSO does contract on freezing it will not cause glass containers to shatter, its the crystalized DMSO that looks this way and may be mistaken for a broken container.
Please follow these instructions to thaw your DMSO quickly.
- Place Container of DMSO in Hot water.
- To avoid ruining the label place in a zip bag so no water touches it
- Do not heat the DMSO above 110 deg F.
- After a few hours You will start to see the DMSO turn back into a liquid.
- DO NOT MICROWAVE THE DMSO CONTAINER!